Your first step into The Ring
Never tried boxing? Or boxed before but new to The Ring? Not to worry, we are here to guide you.
- Arrive 15 minutes early so we can show you around the gym and introduce you to the trainers
- Wear comfortable exercise gear and supportive sneakers. We do not allow shoes during Muay Thai classes.
- Gloves and hand wraps is required. We provide gloves but feel free to use your own gear. Handwraps are a one time purchase of $18 - these are washable and re-usable.
- Bring a water bottle or purchase one at our Lounge
- Change rooms and showers are spacious and comfortable . Bring your towel and a padlock for your locker. Towel rental is also available at $2
- Fuel up with protein after your workout so you can reap the benefits of your hardwork. Yummy protein shakes are sold at the Lounge.
- Most importantly, go at your own pace. We all begin somewhere -one step , one punch at a timeYou are learning a new skill and you are working out your entire body. Break a sweat and have fun!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I have never tried boxing before, is this ok?
Absolutely! Our classes are designed to allow everyone to workout at their own pace. At the beginning of each class, our instructors will spend time with the first timers to go over the basic punches or kicks.
What equipment do I need?
Gloves and hand wraps is required. We provide gloves but, feel free to use your own boxing gear. Handwraps are a one time purchase of $18 - these are washable and re-usable. We also sell boxing gear at discounted rates, on-display at the gym.
Do you have any age restrictions?
Our member community include kids, teens, professionals, executives, moms and even those in their golden years! However, if you are between the ages of 8 to 16 years old, your parent or guardian must fill in and sign a parental consent form at our reception. For your safety, we highly recommend that you consult your doctor before participating in this or any other exercise program. For special cases (i.e. pregnant women or those with pre-existing health conditions) we require you to present a medical certificate from your doctor.
How should I fuel up after my workout?
Fuel up with protein after your workout so you can reap the benefits of your hard work. Yummy protein shakes are available for sale at our in-house juice bar. Healthy eats are also available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Or head out to one of our partner restaurants for a quick bite.
Do I have to spar to be in the gym?
You will never be forced to spar at The Ring! It is not a requirement at our gym and you can still get a great workout even without sparring! When our members spar, it is always be under the supervision of our professional trainers as your safety is our main concern.
What can I wear in class?
Wear comfortable exercise clothes and supportive sneakers. No shoes allowed during Muay Thai classes.
Is boxing safe?
Your safety is our utmost priority. Stepping into the ring is optional . If you want to apply what you have learned in class (or you just want to hit something other than the bags) during sparring sessions you are requried to wear a protective head gear.
I am travelling overseas for a month, can I freeze my membership?
Yes you can freeze your membership for the month/s depending on your membership. One month (6-month membership) or two months ( 12-month membership). You just need to present your travel itinerary at the reception.
What are the perks of being a member?
As a member, you have unlimited access to our facilities, classes and equipment. You also get discounts at our partner restaurants, coffee shops and spas.